News & Events
- EKO Artwork Competition Winners 28/03/2018
- Art competition for the commemorative days of the 25th March – 1st April 11/03/2018
- NEPOMAK Shoe Box TV Post 31/12/2017
- NEPOMAK Shoebox collection – Update 30/11/2017
- Goffs Greek School supporting NEPOMAK SANTA Shoebox Campaign. 06/11/2017
Welcome to Goffs Greek School Official Website
Goffs Greek School is located in Cheshunt, Hertfordshire just outside the M25 Jct 25 which is easily accessible from North London and the surrounding towns of Hertfordshire and Essex. Goffs Greek School has been established for over 30 years and provides Greek lessons from the age of four years old to GCSE level.
At Goffs Greek School we strive to fulfil the following aims and objectives through our curriculum and school ethos to:
- Provide a pleasant and happy atmosphere for the children and, at the same time teach them to speak, read and write Greek.
- Make our children feel proud of being Greek and give them a basic knowledge of Greek culture and religion.
- Value the work prepared by all staff, committee members and parents who are dedicated to maintaining the schools standards.
- Help our pupils to be proud and conscientious members of the Greek community, in a multi-ethnic society.
- Maintain high standards and expectations in both teaching and learning.
The school curriculum includes Greek language, humanities, traditions, dance and music. All pupils are given help in oral development, vocabulary and reading.
We strongly believe that the support of the parents can help the Greek school to accomplish its aims and objectives by showing interest in the school programme, attending school events, promoting the school to others and most of all encouraging your children to respect their work and their teachers.
The Headmistress and the teachers are always happy to meet with parents and discuss any questions or concerns regarding their children.
Goffs Greek School is a member of the Greek Parents Association
What the parents have to say:
Rounded Greek education
This school is good at encompassing all aspects of the Greek culture. The school is very active within the Greek/Cypriot community. The Head is very much involved in all aspects of providing a quality rounded education. Everyone is very helpful and friendly with good organisation skills!
My son entered the school as a tearful, very shy 5 year old, he has now flourished and finally enjoys attending and particularly takes pride in learning Greek dancing.
This would not been possible without the passion, commitment and kind natured personalities of the teaching staff who are fully supported by the head.
It doesn’t stop there though, there are unsung heroes and so I can’t give a review without mentioning or actually praising the parents association. It amazes me how much work is done, unpaid and in their own time to keep the school running as well as it does from providing sponsored hotdog Saturdays, a safe/ clean environment to learn and have breaks in, treasury capabilities and fundraising opportunities to name a few … well done all for showing our children a true spirit of community!
Of course, there is always room for improvement and that is always addressed in confidence and in a professional matter as feedback is always welcomed and acted upon.