News & Events
- KEA Visits Goffs Greek School 24/05/2023
- 25th March Greece Independence Day & 1 April Cyprus National Day Festivities 15/05/2023
- End of Year Summer Show Video 16/10/2022
- Summer BBQ – Come and join Us 19/05/2022
- Greek Night 2022 17/04/2022
Welcome to Goffs Greek School
Goffs Greek School is located in Cheshunt, Hertfordshire, just outside the M25 Jct 25. It is easily accessible from North London and the surrounding towns of Hertfordshire and Essex. Established in 1982, the school provides Greek lessons to students aged 4 to GCSE level. In January 2017, the school moved into a brand-new facility at Goffs Academy.
At Goffs Greek School, we strive to:
- Provide a pleasant and happy atmosphere for students, while teaching them to speak, read, and write Greek.
- Make students feel proud of being Greek and give them a basic knowledge of Greek culture and religion.
- Value the work of all staff, committee members, and parents who are dedicated to maintaining the school's standards.
- Help students to be proud and conscientious members of the Greek community in a multi-ethnic society.
- Maintain high standards and expectations in both teaching and learning.
The school curriculum includes Greek language, humanities, traditions, dance, and music. All students are given help in oral development, vocabulary, and reading.
We believe that the support of parents is essential to the school's success. Parents can help by showing interest in the school programme, attending school events, promoting the school to others, and encouraging their children to respect their work and their teachers.
The Headteacher and teachers are always happy to meet with parents and discuss any questions or concerns regarding their children.
We hope that this website will give you a sense of our ethos and sense of community. However, you are also warmly encouraged to visit us and see firsthand what makes us such a popular and successful school. We look forward to meeting you.
Goffs Greek School is a member of the Greek Parents Association